Friday 21 September 2012

Heating up....

So, it has been a few weeks I think since I wrote anything.

Boy it has been busy.

Few things to share with you.

Everyone should rent/buy a film called 'Boy'. A very funny (slightly off the wall) Kiwi (New Zealand) film about Maori life. Bit rude at times but very funny. Watched it 2 Kiwi's and they explained all the stuff I didn't get. It has been great to live with so many different nationalities since I got here and learn about so many other cultures. I have lived with 4 Australians (1 with Italian background, 1 with Maltese background and 1 with Vietnamese, 1 with Irish), 2 Americans, 4 Kiwi's (1 full Kiwi, 2 Samoan Kiwi's and 1 Tuvaluan Kiwi) and that is just the people I lived with in houses in Melbourne and Townsville. The other people on NET have come from: USA, Canada, South Africa, India, New Zealand, Brazil, England and probably other places but I forget. It is such a mix of nationalities and it just creates the biggest mash of accents and conversations.

Townsville is getting real hot. It hasn't rained here since we got back. 3 months and no rain. getting up to 30 degrees and were not even in summer yet. between 8 and 10pm it averages 20 degrees. I get to do a ministry I love and I get to do it in fantastic weather.

It makes such a difference from last year in Melbourne where the weather was cold for most of the year I was there. It is a beautiful place down in Victoria but cold unless your in summer, which I was not.

Heading into the last 6 weeks of the year for ministry and the last 2 years for me have flown by. I cannot believe that I arrived on Jan 2nd 2011 and I have done all I have. I am so excited to live in Brisbane next year and work with some incredible people who have a huge heart for bringing young adults closer to Jesus and help them throughout their mission year. It will be such a change to go from running retreats for the last 5 years to working in an office and making phone calls, sitting in front of a computer all day, meetings, planning events etc but I look forward to it so much.

Also in great news, my mummy and sister are coming over to Australia for maybe a month this christmas. Yay! So excited to show them a beautiful part of the world. Gonna be a great road trip with the fam.



Please pray for me and be assured of my prayer for you


Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.
(Psalm 118:1)


-------

1 comment:

  1. I like the way you make 20 degrees at 10pm at night sound hot. Don't you know anything below 20 is counted as winter.

    ReplyDelete